- Registered Charities Annual Reporting Requirements
- Procedure for Dissolution of a Hawaii Public Benefit Corporation
- Frequently Asked Questions For Professional Solicitors and Professional Fundraising Counsels
- AG-and-DCCA-Guidance Think Carefully Before Forming a Nonprofit Organization
Joint guidance from the Department of the Attorney General and DCCA on things to carefully consider before forming a new nonprofit organization
- Internet and Social Media Fundraising: Wise Giving Tips
- Guidance on the Formation & Taxation of Nonprofits (From the Hawaii Department of Taxation)
Includes helpful discussion of the general excise tax treatment of fundraising income.
- Top Ten Internal Controls All Nonprofits Should Implement
The 10 internal controls nonprofit organizations should implement, courtesy of Jack Siegel, author of the Desktop Guide for Nonprofit Directors, Doing Good While Avoiding Trouble While Doing Good.
- Attorney General Guidance regarding Charitable Raffles
Guidance from the Attorney General so that organizations do not run afoul of Hawaii’s strict gambling laws.
- Charity: Give or Take?
Guidance for Donors from the Federal Trade Commission on how to avoid charitable solicitation fraud.