Requesting a Continuance

Parties may request to continue or reschedule their hearing by sending a written request to the OCSH by regular mail or by fax (808-692-7114) as far in advance of the hearing as possible. If you are requesting to reschedule the hearing because you will be unable to be physically present on the hearing date, you might consider requesting to appear by telephone instead.

When making your request you should include your name, address, telephone number, case number(s), hearing date/time, your signature and the reasons for your request along with alternative dates and times when you will be available. You may use the OCSH PDF form Request to Reschedule Hearing form (pdf) or the Word form Request to Reschedule Hearing form (docx) for your request

The other parent and the CSEA may be contacted to see if there are objections to your request.  The Hearings Officer assigned to your case will decide whether or not to grant your request. An Order granting or denying your request may be sent to the parties.  If you do not receive an Order granting your request, you should assume your request was denied and the hearing will be conducted on the originally scheduled hearing date. . .