Office of Child Support Hearings
NOTICE TO HEARING PARTICIPANTS
ALL ADMINISTRATIVE CHILD SUPPORT HEARINGS STATEWIDE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY BEING CONDUCTED BY TELEPHONE CONFERENCE CALL AND NOT IN PERSON THROUGH JUNE 30, 2020.
If you have any questions or need assistance please call the Office of Child Support Hearings (OCSH) at (808) 692-7110.
OCSH understands that this may be inconvenient, but the health, safety, and security of participants is a priority. OCSH appreciates your understanding and patience.
The mission of the Office of Child Support Hearings (OCSH) is to resolve child support disputes fairly, impartially, and expeditiously pursuant to Chapters 91 and 576E of the Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes.
The OCSH conducts administrative hearings to establish, enforce, or change child support. The administrative process begins with an application to CSEA from one of the parties or a referral from the Department of Human Services when there is Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), QUEST, or foster care benefits. OCSH becomes involved in the case once a hearing has been set.
OCSH proceedings are an alternative to the Family Court for child support only. Examples of ways that an OCSH proceeding differs from a Family Court proceeding include:
- OCSH only addresses child support. Disputes such as custody and visitation may need to be addressed in the Family Court.
- OCSH only receives cases processed through the CSEA.
- OCSH might not apply rules of evidence and procedure as strictly as the Family Courts.
- It is more common for attorneys to represent parties in Family Court. Complex cases may be better suited for Family Court as the expedited OCSH hearings process does not have the same procedural rules as the Family Courts.
- OCSH does not charge a fee for services while the Family Courts may have a filing fee.
For additional general information, the parties can review material that has been provided by OCSH at general information classes for hearing participants: General Information for Administrative Child Support Hearings Also, OCSH may be contacted by telephone, facsimile, or mail using the contact information provided on this site.
Request for Comments on Proposed 2020 Child Support Guidelines
The Family Court of Hawai‘i seeks your comments on the proposed 2020 Child Support Guidelines. The proposed changes to the current Child Support Guidelines can be found on the Hawai‘i State Judiciary’s website at www.courts.state.hi.us. You may submit your comments in writing to the Judiciary Communications and Community Relations Office by mail to 417 South King Street, Honolulu, HI, 96813, by FAX to 808-539-4801, or via the online form found on the Hawai‘i State Judiciary’s website at: https://www.courts.state.hi.us.