Preparing For Your Hearing
The Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) prepares and serves the parties with the proposed administrative order or action. Parties should thoroughly read all documents they receive from CSEA. These documents will explain the action that CSEA is proposing and what laws and rules govern the proposed action. OCSH only becomes involved in a case if a hearing is requested, and CSEA schedules a hearing with OCSH.
After OCSH becomes involved, parties will be sent a Notice of Hearing form telling them the date and time of the hearing. Parties should thoroughly read all documents they receive from OCSH. These documents explain the hearing process and procedures, and contain helpful information.
If a party wants to make a request before the hearing, they can use the forms provided on this site.
Hawaii Family Court Forms – Child Support Guidelines and Worksheet
Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, Chapter 576E (Administrative Process for Child Support Enforcement)
Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, Chapter 91 (Administrative Procedures)
Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules, Title 5, Chapter 34 (OCSH Administrative Rules)
Hawaiʻi Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA)
DOCUMENTS TO PRESENT AT THE HEARING
Documents parties may want to present at the administrative hearing are:
- Prior court or administrative orders
- Prior tax returns
- Current income and benefit information
- Evidence that back child support is or is not owed
- Receipts for childcare providers
- Statements showing medical insurance premium costs to cover the child, over and above the cost to cover the parent
- Proof of exceptional circumstances as described by the Hawaiʻi Child Support Guidelines
- Proof of full-time enrollment in school if the child is over 18
- Relevant correspondence, letters, or documents received from the CSEA
- Any other documents the party feels are relevant and supports their position
Parties should submit copies of any documents they intend to present at the hearing to the OCSH prior to the hearing and attach them to the “Exhibit List” form provided on this site.
Assume that copies of any and all documents you submit to the OCSH for the hearing may be used as exhibits, and copies may be provided to the other party. Please remove Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, State of Hawaii identification numbers, financial account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, passwords, access codes, addresses, and phone numbers.
Documents should be mailed/faxed/emailed/delivered to:
Office of Child Support Hearings
601 Kamokila Blvd., Rm. 436
Kapolei, Hawaiʻi 96707
Fax: (808) 692-7114
Email: [email protected]