Travel Quarantine Exemption Request
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- From this site, travelers entering the State of Hawaiʻi can apply for a limited exemption from the mandatory 5-day self-quarantine. Under Governor Ige’s emergency proclamation, all travelers entering the State of Hawaiʻi must self-quarantine for 5 days, unless they obtain an exemption.
- All travelers entering the State of Hawaiʻi must also complete a Safe Travels form available from the Department of Transportation here.
- Inter-island travelers are not subject to quarantine.
- Travelers entering the state who have been fully vaccinated may be eligible to bypass quarantine without a pre-travel test. To determine if you qualify for a vaccine exception, please visit https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/ for more information.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS LINK OR ON APPSHEETS FOR THE FOLLOWING (Your application will be closed and you will not receive a response):
VACCINATED TRAVELERS: Please do not apply for a vaccinated traveler exemption thru this site as you will not receive a response. Please see https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/ for more information.
PRE-TRAVEL TESTING PROGRAM: This account does not administer the pre-travel testing program and cannot grant you a quarantine exemption for a negative covid-19 test. Please see https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/ for more information.
CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE WORKER (CISA) EXEMPTIONS: Limited CISA exemptions were discontinued on November 29, 2021. Please see https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/ for more information on travel to Hawaii.
MILITARY: All U.S. military members traveling on official business or relocating under PCS orders should review the Hawaii Department of Defense memo.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTION FOR TRAVELERS RECOVERED FROM COVID-19
There is an exemption for people who have tested positive for Covid 19 and recovered. To be considered for this exemption, you must upload 1) a copy of your positive Covid 19 test result, and 2) a signed letter from your medical provider.
- Positive Covid 19 Test. The positive Covid 19 test result MUST be:
- A molecular test (NAAT, PCR, or RNA);
- Processed by a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) certified lab OR Department of Defense Clinical Laboratory Improvement Program (CLIP) lab with the name and CLIA/CLIP number of the lab clearly printed on the result; and
- Dated no more than 90 days and no less than 11 days from your departure date for Hawaii.
If the laboratory name and CLIA/CLIP number are not on the lab result, you must obtain this information and include it in the “Details” section of the application.
- Medical Provider Letter. The medical provider letter MUST be:
- Dated at least 10 days after the collection date of your positive result and no earlier than 14 days before your departure date for Hawaiʻi;
- Signed by your medical provider with your medical provider’s name and National Provider Identifier (NPI) clearly listed;
- Clearly written to indicate you are currently symptom free, or your symptoms have resolved, or you are cleared to travel.
- Departure Date for Hawaiʻi. We do not accept tentative departure dates for Hawaiʻi. You must have a confirmed departure date because your exemption is based on the date of your test result and medical provider letter. If your travel date changes after you received an exemption, you will need to re-apply for another exemption.
- Lab Results from CLIA or CLIP Certified Laboratories. Lab results for the recovered from Covid exemption does not need to be from a Hawaii Trusted Partner laboratory. The results MUST be from a CLIA or CLIP Certified laboratory.
- Antigen and Antibody Test. Antigen and antibody test are not acceptable for this exemption. Applications submitting these test results will be automatically closed and you will not receive a response.
- Release from Isolation Letters. Release from isolation letters do not satisfy the requirements stated in #2 above.
- Pre-Travel or Post Travel Testing. If you receive an exemption under this category, you are not required to have pre-travel or post-travel testing.
- Exemption Request after Arrival in Hawaiʻi. We can process exemption request submitted after your arrival in Hawaiʻi if you provide the documents required for this exemption. We do not accept medical provider letters dated after your departure date for Hawaiʻi.
- Returning Residents. If you are a returning resident, use your date of return to Hawaii as your arrival date, leave the departure date blank, and choose the location you are traveling from as your state of origin.
- 48 to 72-Hour Processing Time. Applications are usually processed within 48 to 72 hours, but processing times can vary depending on volume, completeness, and thoroughness of your application. Submitting multiple applications for the same travel date will also increase processing time and/or result in a denial of your request.
- Applications with Apple ID Private.relay.applied.com Private Email Addresses. Applications with Apple ID private.relay.applied.com email addresses will not receive a response and will be closed. You must provide a valid email address with your application. When signing in with Apple ID, please select “Share My Email” when prompted.