Please be informed that Act 54, Session Laws of Hawaii 2020 has become effective as of January 1, 2021. Notaries public should read and educate themselves as to the most recent updates to the Notaries Public statute. Revisions to the administrative rules will be forthcoming.
Pursuant to Governor Ige’s mandate the State is allowing the current emergency proclamation to expire on March 25. After March 25:
- The state’s indoor mask requirement will end. However, the CDC and Dept. of Health continue to recommend mask use while indoors by certain populations, and some departments may be consulting or negotiating with the appropriate public-sector union on this issue.
- Current employees will no longer be required to provide vaccination status or negative COVID-19 test results.
- Visitors and contractors to state facilities will no longer be required to show vaccination status or a negative COVID-19 test result.
- And the Safe Travels Hawaiʻi program will also come to an end.
While the state’s emergency proclamation is ending, We want to be very clear: The pandemic is not over yet. We’ve seen how variants can cause COVID cases and hospitalizations to spike, and that while there may not be an emergency proclamation in place going forward, you should still take measures to protect yourself and your loved ones:
- Wear your mask if you feel the need to wear one, especially if you are unvaccinated, elderly, have underlying health conditions, or care for people at high risk of contracting severe COVID. Masks are also recommended if you are in a crowded setting.
- Stay up to date on the COVID vaccine, including a booster if you are eligible.
- And as always, stay home if you’re sick, and get tested if you’ve had contact with a COVID-positive individual or have COVID-like symptoms.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
September 6, 2023
Princess Ruth Keelikolani Building, Rm 310
830 Punchbowl Street
Honolulu, HI, 96813
- Metered street parking is available on Punchbowl Street.
- Parking is also available at the Makai Garage on Halekauwila Street.
- We do not validate parking.
September 15, 2023
Kauai War Memorial Convention Hall
4191 Hardy Street
Lihue, HI 96766
- Parking is available at this location.
Notaries Public is now online at notary.ehawaii.gov. The new notaries online system allows you to:
- Make a payment
- Renew your commission
- Schedule an exam
- Search for a Notary
- Submit a resignation form
- Submit an application
Email the Notary Office
Department of the Attorney General
Notary Public Office
425 Queen St
Honolulu, HI 96813
The notary examination is given on Oahu at least once a month, and on the neighbor islands periodically. Examination dates and locations are subject to change.
We do not provide or validate parking. Metered street parking is available on Punchbowl Street. Parking is also available at the Makai Garage, at the corner of Punchbowl Street and Halekauwila Street. The entrance is on Halekauwila street.