Preparing For Your Hearing
The Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA), not the Office of Child Support Hearings (OCSH) prepares and serves the parties with the proposed administrative order or action. Parties should thoroughly read all documents they receive from CSEA and OCSH. These documents will explain the action that CSEA is proposing and what laws and rules govern the proposed action.
Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, Chapter 576E (Administrative Process for Child Support Enforcement)
Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, Chapter 91 (Administrative Procedures)
Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules, Title 5, Chapter 34 (OCSH Administrative Rules)
DOCUMENTS TO BRING TO THE HEARING
Documents parties may want to present at the administrative hearing are:
- Prior court or administrative orders
- Current income information
- Evidence that back child support is or is not owed
- Receipts for child care providers
- Statements showing medical insurance premium costs to cover the child, over and above the cost to cover the parent
- Proof of exceptional circumstances as described by the Hawaiʻi Child Support Guidelines
- Proof of full-time enrollment in school if the child is over 18
- Relevant correspondence, letters, or documents received from the CSEA
- Any other documents the party feels is revelant and supports their position
Parties should submit copies of any documents they intend to present at the hearing to the OCSH and the CSEA prior to the hearing.
Assume that copies of any and all documents you submit to the OCSH and the CSEA for the hearing may be used as exhibits and copies may be provided to the other party. Please remove Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, State of Hawaii identification numbers, financial account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, and passwords and access codes. Bring your originals to the hearings in case questions arise regarding the accuracy or authenticity of your copies.
Documents should be delivered/mailed to both:
CSEA, Attention: APB Hearing Coordinator, 601 Kamokila Blvd., Suite 251, Kapolei, Hawaiʻi, 96707
OCSH at 601 Kamokila Blvd., Rm. 436, Kapolei, Hawaiʻi 96707, or by fax to 808-692-7114.