- Hawaii’s Revised Model Nonprofit Corporation Act
- Hawaii’s Law Relating to Charitable Solicitation
- Hawaii’s Charitable Gift Annuity Law
- Find Out the Names of Officers and Directors of Hawaii Nonprofits
- Search the IRS Charities Database (Find a charity)
- The National Center for Charitable Statistics (Obtain statistical data on Hawaii’s charities and private foundations)
- National Association of State Charity Officials (Helpful links to State charity offices and laws)
- Guidestar (Obtain the 990 form for Hawaii charities and private foundations)
- NASCO (Website of the National Association of State Charity Officials)
- National Council of Nonprofit Associations
- Compendium of Standards, Codes and Principles for Nonprofits (From Independent Sector)
A number of charity watchdog groups, nonprofit and foundation associations, professional associations, as well as individual organizations, have developed standards of practice and ethical codes. contributors and the general public.
- Independent Sector
Independent Sector is a nonpartisan coalition of some 500 organizations that provides a leadership forum for charities, foundations and corporate giving programs
- Board Source
The National Center for Nonprofit Boards seeks to build strong and effective nonprofit boards by offering practical information, tools and best practices, training and leadership development for board members of nonprofit organizations.
- Hawaii Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (HANO)
- Panel on the Nonprofit Sector’s Report to Congress
A report by Independent Sector’s Panel on the Nonprofit Sector on recommended charitable reforms.