If you are considering contributing to an organization, we encourage you to do your own research to ensure your donation is used for its intended purposes. Following are compilation of useful material and helpful guides on donating to a charity.
- Read This Before Making a Charitable Donation
- Wise Giving Tips for Internet and Social Media Solicitations
- Understanding Crowdfunding
- Avoid Charity Scams
- Keep Calm and Avoid Coronavirus Scams
- IRS link to Political Campaigns and Charities: The Ban on Political Campaign Intervention
- Online Giving Donor & Consumer Guide
- Tips for Retailers: How to Review Charity Requests
- How Small Businesses Can Up the Impact of Their Charitable Donations
You can also learn more about the organization by searching their information here:
For information regarding administrative actions our office has taken against charitable organizations, click here.
If you wish to make a confidential complaint regarding a charitable organization, you may fill out the complaint form available here and send the form to us by either email or regular mail.
Please be as specific as possible and provide as much information as you can, including the names and contact information of other witnesses or persons having knowledge.
|By Email:||[email protected]|
|By Mail:||Department of the Attorney General
Tax & Charities Division
425 Queen Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
For your convenience, if you wish to make a complaint regarding a charitable organization with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), we have included their link here.