The State of Hawaii Department of the Attorney General’s office (ATG) is continually seeking qualified attorneys and professionals to join the over 180 attorneys and 500 professional legal and non-legal staff to support and fulfill the responsibilities of the Attorney General in legally protecting the people of Hawaii.
If you find motivation in helping others, thrive on meaningful challenges, and strive for a balance between your work and personal life … opportunities with the largest legal office in the state awaits you!
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: As a condition of employment with the State of Hawai‘i, each qualified candidate who has been given a conditional offer of employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and shall be fully vaccinated by his/her/their employment start date. A reasonable accommodation will be provided if requested by a candidate and it is determined through an interactive process that pregnancy, a qualifying disability, or a sincerely held religious belief prevents the candidate from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Application for Deputy Attorney General
- Application for Exempt Employment
- Volunteer Application for Interns and Externs
DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL (ATTORNEY) POSITIONS
- Child Support Enforcement Agency – Maui, Position No. 101861 & 101862
- Civil Rights Litigation Division, Position No. 102322
- Civil Rights Litigation Division, Position No. 102612
- Commerce and Economic Development Division, Position No. 100096
- Criminal Justice Division, Position No. 122150
- Criminal Justice Division – Tobacco Enforcement Unit, Position No. 111029
- Health Division, Position No. 102480
- Labor Division, Position No. 101102
- Land/Transportation Division, Position No. 100113
- Land/Transportation Division, Position No. 100082 & 100143
- Public Safety, Hawaiian Home Lands & Housing Division, Position No. 100111, 118087 & 120728
- Tort Litigation Division, Position No. 112305
- Child Support Hearings Officer (Position No. 102116)
- Community and Crime Prevention Specialist
- Compliance Officer (Office of the Attorney General Complex Litigation, Fraud & Compliance Unit, Position No. 123185)
- Information Technology Analyst (Crime Prevention and Justice Assistance Division, Position No. 106270)
- Research Analyst
- Notice to Attorneys Interested in Providing Legal Services Regarding E-Cigarette Litigation on Behalf of the State of Hawaii
- Notice to Attorneys Interested in Providing Legal Services to the State of Hawaii (FY2022-2023)
- Statement of Qualifications and Expression of Interest (FY2022-2023)
For More Information, Please Contact:
Department of the Attorney General
425 Queen Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Telephone: (808) 586-1236
Summer Internship Program
Each summer, the Department of the Attorney General accepts law students into its 10-week, full-time Summer Internship Program. Interns will be provided substantive legal experience and exposure to a career in public service.
To apply, please submit the following materials to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter
- Law School Transcript (Unofficial)
- Legal Writing Sample
Applications for the Summer Internship Program should be submitted by the end of February. Any questions may be directed to [email protected].
The State of Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Complies with Applicable State and Federal Laws Relating to Employment Practices.