If you are a victim of identity theft...
Aloha From the Department of the Attorney General
Our mission is to provide excellent legal and public services in a timely manner.
Attorney General Warns Public Of E-mail Scam
The Department of the Attorney General is investigating an ongoing e-mail scam in which the sender falsely claims to represent the State of Hawaii Unclaimed Property Branch (UPB), and the Attorney General’s Office. The email claims to be written by the Department of Budget and Finance Director Kalbert Young, and solicits personal financial information. The email scam may also include an attached letter, which claims to be from Attorney General David Louie.
The State of Hawaii does not send e-mail solicitations regarding unclaimed property. If you receive such an e-mail, it is fraudulent, and should not be trusted. DO NOT respond or provide any personal information in response to the fraudulent solicitations. Members of the public who think they may be a victim of this scam, may contact the Department of the Attorney General Investigations Division at (808) 586-1240.
- Child Support Enforcement Agency
- Crime Prevention and Justice Assistance Division
- Criminal Justice Division
- Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center
- Hawaii Internet and Technology Crimes Unit
- Hawaii Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Notaries Public
- Office of Child Support Hearings
- Tax and Charities Division