Receiving Payments through ReliaCard
Hawaii Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) has partnered with U.S. Bank to provide child support payments electronically through the U.S. Bank ReliaCard®. Section 576D-10(c) of the Hawaii Revised Statues requires that payments be made electronically to your bank account. There are two options available: direct deposit and the U.S. Bank ReliaCard.
CSEA issued two notices to custodial parents receiving payments through paper checks in August and September of 2009. These notices were intended to promote direct deposit prior to November 4, 2009, the implementation date of the debit card program. After such date, if no bank account is set up for direct deposit, you will be automatically set up with the U.S. Bank ReliaCard.
The following is a preview of the ReliaCard information in case it may apply to you:
About the ReliaCard
It is a Visa® prepaid debit card that is a convenient alternative to receiving paper checks. Your child support payments will automatically be direct deposited to your card. You have access to your funds right away and you can use it to make purchases, pay bills or get cash. It’s that simple!
With the U.S. Bank ReliaCard® your funds are:
- Automatically loaded to your ReliaCard
- Available to use right away
- Protected if lost or stolen1
- Make purchases everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted – in stores, over the phone, online or pay bills
- Pay your bills online directly through the biller or by using our online Bill Pay tool. Bill Pay offers payments to thousands of companies and you can even use Bill Pay to pay another person
- Get cash from any U.S. Bank, MoneyPass® or Visa/Plus® ATM2
- Make a cash withdrawal at any Visa-member bank teller
- Sign up for optional text or email alerts when money is added or when your card balance gets low3
- Download the mobile app to check your account balance, enroll in and manage text alerts, view your most recent transactions (search for “U.S. Bank ReliaCard” in the App Store or Google Play)4
- Track your spending online, by phone, text/email or through the mobile app
Your card will be sent to you 7-10 business days after you enroll. The card will arrive in a plain white envelope from the ReliaCard Cardholder Services in Indianapolis, IN. Follow the activation instructions that arrive with the card.
1. The Visa Zero Liability Policy protects you against unauthorized purchases. U.S.-issued cards only. This does not apply to ATM transactions or to PIN transactions not processed by Visa. You must immediately report any unauthorized use.
2. Some fees may apply. See card packet for full list of fees.
3. Standard messaging charges apply through your mobile carrier and message frequency depends on account settings.
4. The U.S. Bank ReliaCard Mobile App is free to download. Your mobile carrier may charge access fees depending upon your individual plan. Web access is needed to use Mobile App. Check with your carrier for specific fees and charges.