Crime Prevention and Justice Assistance Division (CPJAD)
NOTICE: Governor Ige implemented “15 Days to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus,” for the period March 18, 2020 – April 1, 2020. Subsequently, Governor Ige implemented “Stay at Home,” for the period March 25, 2020 – April 30, 2020. The Crime Prevention and Justice Assistance Division (CPJAD) office is closed to the public. We will be providing limited services to minimize disruption as much as possible. The Grants and Planning Branch will continue to process request for funds, the Juvenile Justice Information System will be operating, and the Missing Child Center is available to take referrals. We anticipate that CPJAD will be open again on May 1, 2020 unless otherwise notified.
CPJAD serves as the central agency to provide the Attorney General, the chief law enforcement officer of Hawaii, with the information and resources needed to address crime and crime prevention. CPJAD accomplishes this by:
- Researching crime issues and reporting comprehensive crime statistics for the state;
- Utilizing federal and state funds and non-financial resources to address crime problems and criminal justice system issues;
- Planning, developing, and implementing education and crime prevention programs to promote community involvement in crime prevention efforts;
- Developing and maintaining a computerized juvenile offender information system.
- Assisting in locating, recovering, and reuniting missing children and runaways with their families.
This enables the Attorney General to facilitate and coordinate efforts to improve the criminal justice system and to encourage community partnerships in addressing crime.
Our mission is to assist the criminal justice system agencies to improve service delivery and to promote the involvement of communities in the prevention of crime.
BULLETIN BOARD — Upcoming Trainings. CPJAD is providing an electronic Bulletin Board for trainings for government and nonprofit agencies serving crime victims in the State. Click here for more information.
Crime Prevention & Justice Assistance Division
Department of the Attorney General
235 South Beretania Street, Suite 401
Honolulu, HI 96813 (Map)
Telephone: (808) 586-1150
Fax: (808) 586-1097