Grants and Planning Branch
The Grants & Planning Branch maintains information on federal and state resources that may be available to assist in improving the criminal and juvenile justice systems, and seeks, applies for, and administers federal crime and crime prevention funding. We are the State Administering Agency (SAA) for the following Federal Grants:
- Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Formula Grant (JAG)*
- Paul Coverdell Forensic Science Improvement Grants Program (Coverdell)*
- Residential Substance Abuse Treatment for State Prisoners*
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Formula Grant
- Victims of Crime Act (VOCA), Victim Assistance Formula Grant Program
*Eligible grant recipients are state and county government organizations. Grant funds are not awarded directly to private agencies.
The Grants & Planning Branch works closely with the U.S. Department of Justice, in particular with the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the National Institute of Justice, the Office for Victims of Crime, the Office of Justice Programs, and the Office on Violence Against Women.
The Grants & Planning Branch is also the Administering Agency for the following State Grants:
- Hawaii Career Criminal Prosecution Program (HCCPP)*
- Victim Witness Assistance (VW)*
- Grant Writing Training (Recorded PowerPoint Presentation)
- Grant Administration Training Slides Handout_October 2019 (pdf file)
- VOCA Subrecipient Monitoring Training 3.23.18 (PowerPoint Presentation)
TRAINING EVENTS BULLETIN BOARD
CPJAD is providing an electronic Bulletin Board for trainings for government and nonprofit agencies serving crime victims in the State. Agencies and individuals are invited to submit training flyers with registration information to [email protected] to be posted on this Training Events Bulletin Board.